Turkey Lasagna With Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lb Turkey, Ground
- 1 (28 Oz) Can Tomates, Crushed
- 1 (6 Oz) Can Tomato Paste
- To Taste Sea Salt And Black Pepper, Fresh Ground
- 16 Lasagna Noodles, Cooked
- 15 Ounces Ricotta Cheese, Or Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach, Washed But Not Dried
- 1 Pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley, Fresh Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, Fresh Chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add ground turkey and cook for about 10 minutes. Add damp spinach, stir until wilted. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper; let simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Stir in basil and parsley; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and egg; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Ladle one-quarter of the turkey mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; spread to cover. Add 1/4 of lasagna noodles, one-third of the mozzarella, one-third of the ricotta mixture. Repeat process two more times; top with remaining lasagna noodles. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan over top; transfer to oven. Bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting; serve.