Turkey Dressing-Artichoke, Parmesan & Sourdough
24 servings or 10 cups of dressing
- 1 Lb Mushroom, rinsed, ends trimmed, and sliced
- 1 Tbl Butter
- 2 (3/4 Pounds) Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (6 Cloves) Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Turkey Broth
- 1 Loaf (1 Pound) Sourdough Bread, Cut Into 1/2″ Pieces
- 2 (6 Oz) Jars Artichoke Hearts, Marinated, Drained And Chopped
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Leaves, Minced Or 3/4 Tsp Dried
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt, Or To Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Fresh Ground Of To Taste
- 1 large egg
In a 12-in. frying pan over high heat, cook mushrooms, butter, onions, celery, and garlic, stirring often, until vegetables are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Pour into a large bowl. Add a bit of broth to pan and stir to scrape up browned bits. Add to bowl.
Pour 2 cups broth into bowl and add bread, artichoke hearts, parmesan, poultry seasoning, and rosemary; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make a well in stuffing. Add egg and beat with a fork to blend; mix egg with stuffing.
Preheat oven to 325 to 350 (use temperature turkey requires; see Note below). Spoon stuffing into a shallow 3-qt. (9- by 13-in.) casserole. For moist dressing, cover with foil; for crusty stuffing, do not cover. Bake until hot (at least 150 in center) or lightly browned, about 50 minutes.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day ahead, make stuffing, put in casserole, cover, and chill. Allow about 1 hour to bake.