Beef Crostini With Mulled Wine Syrup
Serving Size: 24 appetizers.
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1 Baguette, Rosemary-Sliced In 1/4″ Slices
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Head Garlic, Roasted, Squeezed And Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Apple Horseradish Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Mulled Wine Syrup
Press pepper and salt evenly onto flank steak and grill until medium rare – 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Carve across the grain into thin strips and remove to a warm plate.
For crostini – combine oil oil and crushed roasted garlic and spread sparsely on both sides of the sliced baguette pieces. Grill to brown, flip and grill second side. Set aside to cool.
To assemble, coat the crostini with a generous layer of the Apple Horseradish Mayonnaise. Layer a slice of the grilled flank steak on the baguette and finish with a drizzle of the Mulled Red Wine syrup. Serve cold or warmed.